Do you want to work in a high trust, supportive and flexible working environment with a culture of creativity, ingenuity, and fun? There’s a place for you here at Arm, to play your part in building a smarter world in a job where you’re making a difference from the get-go.
Our technology is used by billions of people, across billions of devices, every single day, but the future of innovation is limitless. You can play a part and join us in building the CPU architecture for tomorrow!
We are software engineering team delivering Linux command-line development tools for Arm's architecture specification language (ASL). Our team takes full ownership of its success.
Our tools represent ground-breaking capabilities for working with executable specifications for CPU architectures including static analysis, formal validation, and simulation.
We are well connected within Arm internal ecosystem, working with many other teams across several development flows, including ISA development and CPU validation.
We have flexible working hours for all and a progressive leave policy which can accommodate the unexpected.
We use the Scrum Agile software development methodology.
- Add new functionality to the product and analyse, and fix complex defects.
- Be a strong team player to the engineering team delivering value to customers.
- Be contributing to system design decisions, software architecture, and test strategies.
Required Skills and Experience :
- Excellent C, C++, Java or Scala(*) skills – able to add significant new functionality and analyse and fix complex defects. (*) Scala training will be provided.
- Experience or keen interest in language compiler development and optimisation techniques, and / or simulation modelling techniques.
- Strong software programming skills with proven track record to update existing code to reflect new requirements.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Able to drive specification creation and design process, analyse customer requirements, make realistic effort/timescale estimates, create well-written documentation and undertake feasibility work.
- Makes judgements based on the analysis of factual information. Resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions within scope of experience and is expected to handle conflicting priorities.
- Developed interpersonal skills are required in order to persuade and influence internal customers.
- Provides useful advice. Formulates and implements tactical plans to deliver short term team objectives.
- Developing command-line tools.
- Designing Python module APIs.
- Any contributions to open-source projects that demonstrate your software engineering skills
On top of the already compelling Life at Arm, we are famous for our team culture - including regular career conversations, access to a multitude of learning resources, remarkable diversity-, equity- and inclusion approach and a continuous improvement mentality. We value diversity in Arm - we will fit around your life to enable you contribute to our success. We have flexible working hours for all and a progressive leave policy which can accommodate the unexpected. Our new offices are outstanding places to collaborate, but now we've mastered working from home, that will remain an option for part of the week.
We have some scope to adapt the role and job title to the right person - if you are interested but unsure whether you tick all the boxes, we would love to hear from you anyway! We are keen to welcome dedicated people into Arm.