As Arm-based computers continue to permeate into the IoT, cars, laptops, servers in the cloud and HPC, software developers need to know how to get the best out of the comprehensive Arm ecosystem.
The Arm Education and Academic Engagement team works with a wide range of both industrial and academic partners. We are now seeking a candidate ecosystem development manager with experience in software creation and deployment and academic engagements, to support application software developers migrate and optimise on Arm. Our aim is to make it easier and more beneficial to work using Arm technology. You will join a diverse team with a strong user-centric ethos. We have specialists in publishing and program management working with academia, part of a group dedicated to engagement with developers more broadly.
You will tackle engineering challenges and anticipate and exploit the impact of new architectural features on the software stack. Based on this, you will develop a roadmap of products, services and collateral that support developer communities. First and foremost, this role is about delivering influence at scale, working with the academic community, taking advantage of network effects whenever possible.
- Working with technical colleagues, program managers, ecosystem and particularly academic partners globally to identify software developer user needs
- Based on those needs, find ways to lower the barrier for software developers to optimise and port their workloads on efficient Arm-based hardware, using academic and other partners whenever possible
- Lead by example and encourage others to write technical content that helps support the growth of the software developer communities of interest, including that which explains/takes advantages of existing and forthcoming architectural features
Required skills and experience
- Academic and ecosystem management experience in the technology sector is important
- Knowledge, skills and abilities at the level of a Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering
- A very good understanding and practical experience of software development
- Strong abstract reasoning skills with an ability to focus on key concepts at all levels of detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – able to convey technical material to a non-technical audience at different levels of seniority
- Experience in technical writing, as well as with managing and communicating with stakeholders at varying levels
- Ability to work independently in addition to part of a distributed team
"Nice to have" skills and experience
- Optimising software workloads for different hardware architectures, particularly Arm
- Prior experience in setting up community initiatives in the technology industry
We will help you settle into the business and support you to build great things and be your brilliant self! We believe in personal growth as well as professional development.
On top of that, we will provide:
- Mentoring and leadership
- A competitive salary and rewards package
- Health and wellbeing, career progression and pathway support.
- Hybrid working (as a team, we try to balance evenly remote work and work on site).