Any review of essential management skills always puts effective communication close to the top of the list, yet poor communication is at the root of many problems.
Effective Communication [a Cambridge Network Course]
This workshop will help managers understand their own communication style, the essentials of good communication and develop their confidence to communicate effectively.
By the end of the workshop managers will:
- understand the essential ingredients of effective communication
- gain an understanding of their own communication style
- have developed their own communication skills
- have gained confidence in how to effectively influence others
- What is effective communication?
- Barriers to effective communication
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
The Essential Skills
- Understanding body language
- Active listening & questioning techniques
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
- How to get your message across
- Cross-cultural variations in communication
- Effective influencing in meetings
- Understanding your own communication style
- Communication Styles questionnaire
- Understanding Communication Channels
- When to talk and when to write
To complete the communications styles questionnaire.
To use an action learning log to continue to develop their understanding of different communication styles, and effective influencing.
|Duration: 1 day, 4 x 1.5 hours||Credits: 1.8||
Cambridge Network Learning Collaboration Course
|Max. Delegates: 10||Member Cost: £280.00+VAT|
|Non-member Cost: £420.00+VAT|
I offer learning for business performance and personal growth. I help people to be positive, productive, enjoy work and stay healthy. During the 16 years that I have run my own business I have trained over 7,000 people, run numerous leadership development programmes, facilitated a wide variety of workshops and have successfully coached many more people one-to-one and in teams.
My areas of expertise and interest includes resilience & wellbeing, team & leadership development, coaching, facilitation and effective communication.
Industry experience includes - technology (IT, engineering, scientific & biotechnology), healthcare, legal, publishing and recruitment.