This course is aimed at those new to management; those with about 6 months experience as a manager; or those you are looking to promote in the next few months.
This programme will help new managers learn about:
- how their job changes the friendship and management relationship
- the key challenges ahead so they can avoid early mistakes
- how not to do it all themselves and delegate things to help
- managing workloads and deadlines, especially customer demands
- dealing with the early stages of people problems and conflict
- developing their team through coaching and team work
- running team briefings
- giving 1-2-1 reviews and coaching feedback
- managing the day-to-day priorities of their team whilst managing their own day job
- developing a ‘tool-kit’ of techniques and skills which they can use to cope with issues they will face as they grow into their new job
Overall, being a new manager can be tough; and a practical toolkit of best practice do’s and don’ts will really help new managers avoid mistakes, and feel more equipped to cope in the early days.
Who should attend
- Team leaders, supervisors and project managers with up to one years’ experience in their new role
- High potentials who look to be promoted in the next 6 months
- Technical and project leads who would like to ‘up skill’ on their management techniques
The online version of this course has been split into 4 x 2 hour sessions for an optimum learning experience. You will be encouraged to take away your new skills and feedback real-life experiences between each session.
The course will be run via Zoom utilising peer discussions and breakout rooms. You will be sent a zoom invite for each session.
Upon booking we will contact delegates to arrange suitable dates/times for the additional 3 sessions.
|Duration: 4 x 2 hour sessions
|Max. Delegates: 9
||Member Cost: £540.00+VAT
|CPD Points: 13
||Non-Member Cost: £810.00+VAT